Monday, February 7, 2011

Mary Katrantzou S2011

mary10
mary9
mary8
mary7
mary6
mary5
mary4
mary3
mary2
mary1

Image Source: Style.com

I saw this collection a while back and ever since, the images and dresses are stuck in my head. In this collection, Mary Katrantzou (she's Greek!) was inspired by 70's photography of Helmut Newton and Guy Bourdin. She cleverly uses the interior of homes as the subject of her dresses. Digital prints are artistically matched without compromising the details on the picture. I especially love when she plays with the third dimension and uses soft chiffons as curtains, necklaces as chandeliers and tassels as water.
I would lovvee to own one of these masterpieces. Although, I would probably not wear it, instead hang it on my wall.. and stare..

No comments:

Post a Comment